Saturday, June 20, 2009

Up

No no, I'm not going to write about that new movie that's out. For one thing, we haven't been out to see a movie since Lou was born, and we probably won't until she's much older. It might be nice to go, but we do have Netflix - which pretty much satiates our movie appetite. I meant that I'm up early this morning so I decided to go ahead and post. Lou is in her swing (newly assembled with a new motor) and seems pretty happy now. She has been waking up early in the morning I think because she has icky gas. She starts a-squirmin' sometimes and usually can't sleep through it. Now, maybe it's just that babies do wake up this early so I shouldn't blame it on gas. But then again, there are mornings were if she gets out most of the gas or a poo, then I can nurse her and she'll go back to sleep until 8:30 or 9:00. So I don't know. Oh well, at least one of us gets to sleep in on the weekends ;) He does deserve it, so I'm not complaining. This is a picture of formerly grumpy Louisa all strapped into the newest sling I have finally gotten around to making. It works fairly well for us. It's nice and comfortable for me; I'm not sure how much Lou likes it. She seemed to like it at first but then I think she was josteled around a little more than usual when we went for a walk so she started to get a little restless. I think she might like it better if she were turned around, hugging me. Anyway, it was fun experimenting with it, and I even got a few curious questions when I went for a walk. One guy said - "cute baby, does he like being in that?" I don't get how people could mix her up when she is wearing a PINK hat...oh well, maybe he was just color blind. :)

3 comments:

  1. Damien is playing around with his sleep schedule, too. I guess that happens! As I read somewhere, as soon as a baby gets into a routine...it changes!

    I use a Snugli for Damien and we both absolutely love it. Maybe you can try that if nothing else feels just right. I'd tried a cloth sling, and it just didn't work well for us at all. I tried another carrier, and that didn't work, and the Snugli was the last one I was going to try. I love, love it!

    Damien likes to face me in the Snugli when we're in windy places, like the beach, or when we're going for a long hike. He falls asleep within minutes as soon as he's in it, under a little tent I make for him with a little blanket. I also put him in it facing me when he can't get to sleep at night, and I walk up and down the road. Works like a charm!

    I put him facing outward when he's wide awake and wants to see the world, like for shopping. It's so funny! He kicks his feet like crazy and wants to help me carry things. I love looking down and seeing his round little head bobbing up and down. So funny! He giggles at everything he sees.

    So, basically, I've really found that carrying the baby around in a sling or carrier or whatever is the best thing in the world and makes the baby extremely happy. Stick at it! You'll find something that works!

    Thanks for your e-mail. :) I'll respond soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, and as for people who are confused about the gender of your baby even when she's in pink, it won't end anytime soon. Damien's six months, looks every inch like the boy he is, and I still get asked if he's a boy or a girl even when he's all in blue or, better yet, in a cute little vest for church! Um??????

    ReplyDelete