



I found out that it was an actual race. I'm not too sure how many there were...maybe 30-50? It was just very cool.
I am so happy to live here! There is always something happening, and it's so beautiful. My great-grandma used to say that no matter where she traveled (and she did her fair share of it) she could never find another place in the world as beautiful as the Pacific Northwest. I happen to agree with her. But that's partly because this is home. And that makes a big difference, too.
Even if it's not "home" there's no place quite like the PNW :) We miss it tons! Enjoy it for us, until we can get back there...
ReplyDeleteAnd great pictures, too! Great lighting :)
How's the mei tai working? I still need to email you links on how to wear it.
I have a friend who used to sail in the races that they have out on the sound. In fact, she may have been out there...she's been up visiting since he "retired" from corporate life to go sail a 50 footer down in the tropics below the equator. I'm only jealous of her some of the time. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you got out to enjoy a dry day!
These are beautiful pictures, and I think the first one would look very nice in a frame. I agree, the lighting is so good.
ReplyDeleteThis race looks just like the annual race they have here in our area in the summer. Hundreds of boats from around the world gather here to race; it's a festival that lasts a week or more, and there are lots of other forms of entertainment at the same time. I know what you mean: it is such a nice thing to look out and see those colorful sailboats. Seeing these pictures reminded me of that race and, consequently, of summertime. Thanks for sharing!
Beautiful pictures! I think I vaguely remember being in Seattle and seeing a sailboat race several years ago. Maybe it was the same race?
ReplyDeleteThank you for the compliments on my photos! I appreciate them very much. We got a new camera for Christmas and it makes it much easier to take great photos without too much effort. Though, we are working on getting to know it better so as to take even BETTER pictures.
ReplyDeleteAmanda - I am jealous of all people who have a sail boat/get to sail regularly. I honestly would love to own one one day, though everyone tells me that owning a boat is a big hassle. I don't care - they are such fun!!
Elizabeth - It reminded me of summer, too! :) Especially because there were so many folks out walking on the beach.