Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stealing kisses and more headbands

Louisa likes to give kisses now. But, she has to be in the mood. Today I was trying to get her to give me a smooch so I could capture it. She was not going to cooperate though....oh well. I'm sure you know what a baby kiss looks like. Open mouth, slobbery, and sometimes a little raspberry thrown in too :)
Also, I made more headbands. Ta Da! Okay, not terribly exciting, but I like how they turned out so I wanted to show and tell. Especially because this time instead of sewing on the flowers, I used a glue gun. Much much better and easier. Just after I wrote about how she really only says dadada and maybe hi, she started saying "uh oh!" It's so cute, she says it over and over when she's really concentrating on playing. Again, she has to be in the mood, so she won't just say it if you ask her to. She's growing so fast!

Nighttime parenting has been a tiny bit tricky lately. Louisa still nurses pretty frequently at night. She wakes up 2-3 times looking around wanting me. We are starting to wean her out of our bed but it's going to be a slow, gradual process. Right now we are just concentrating on slowing the nursing at night. Neither of us is ready to wean completely. I am still getting a good night's sleep, though there are definitely days when I wake up with a kinked back. Any suggestions on this process?

1 comment:

  1. The new headbands are so cute. Not that Lou needs any ornamentation. She's a pretty cute package on her own. Its a good thing too since they do rob you of a full-nights sleep, time with your spouse, and your sanity.
    I never tried this, but my cousin, who had twins, found that if she fed them baby cereal before bed they would sleep for longer stretches. There may be other/better things to feed her, just to make sure her tummy is nice and full. I think they say babies wake up for a few reasons, hunger, wet diaper, cold, or not tired. Or just to bug you. I mean to help in growing YOUR character. Good luck. Hope you find something that works. Also, she might grow out of it. Hopefully before you get too sleep-deprived.

    ReplyDelete