Today was a fairly nice day. Lou and I took our daily walk and because I ended up chatting on the phone, our walk was almost an hour and a half. It's funny because up until now it's been a mostly mild winter. Lately though, I've noticed the temperatures dropping and a light coat no longer will suffice. Especially at night. Brrr....
Oh, so did you want to hear the exciting news? Did I keep you in suspense? Hmmm, did you think I was pregnant? Many of you cheated and contacted me by phone asking me if this was the case. Hehe. I must have had you suspicious. Well no, I am not pregnant at this time. No, the good news is that Mike was offered a full time position at the company he has been contracted at. It is exciting because we feel we can start to move forward on some things, plus it's nice knowing we can settle in a little more without the chance of him getting a different job. This is what we've been waiting for since Mike graduated. Nothing is ever perfectly secure, but we are definitely grateful for his employment and feel like God is taking care of us. Sometimes it is hard trusting God, especially with the big things in life. I sometimes feel like it's a moment to moment decision, because if I start to think about it too much, I begin to waver. But as of right now, we are confident that He answers prayers and knows what we need even more than we do.
Of course I wondered if baby #2 was on the way! But then I thought that you would have been displaying REALLY heroic self-control by just saying you had "good news" and not blurting it out right then and there!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you and your husband on the good news. :) You're right, that we have to just trust in God from one moment to the next, never sure of what may come in the future. My good confessor just said to me, "Leave yourself open to God, because He will always do what is best for you." Simple, but very powerful, words!
Congrats again! Oh, without giving the name of the place he works for, can you just say what field your husband is working in?
Thanks Elizabeth. Yeah, if/when we do get pregnant I'm sure most of our close friends and family will know way before I announce it on my blog.
ReplyDeleteMike is a computer programmer. His new title is Research Programmer :) He likes what he's doing so that's a huge added bonus!
Yay, congrats to Mike! I'm so happy to hear that news. That is a big blessing :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome! Congratulations! :) And wonderful that he enjoys it!
ReplyDelete